Friday, December 19, 2008

Update: Almost 6 months in

A brief update to all three of you that follow my ramblings:

I think I'm near the 50-pound mark. I am also within 3 pounds of comfortably fitting into a size 14 jeans....from Old Navy!!!!! I can't begin to explain how excited that makes me. I haven't been that size since 2000. EIGHT YEARS!!!!!

When I started this diet I thought I could lose some weight, but never this much. I have to admit that I'm surprised I've been able to commit to this lifestyle change. And it truly is a lifestyle change. And I think it's one I can maintain. But perhaps most importantly I think I've realized that I deserve to be healthy and fit and not hide behind baggy clothes and extra weight. I just needed to start believing in myself.

Now that I'm all hip and stuff and on Facebook. I'll post some photos on the blog in case anyone wants to see the slimmer me.

2 comments:

jjharris said...

Way to go Laura! We made sugar cookies yesterday and I'm already regretting it, eat one, give one away, eat one......AAAAAGGGGHHH!!! Keep it up!

Jools said...

Way to go, Chick! And I'm totally with you on the lifestyle change - it has to be that to work. And once it starts working well, it becomes easier and easier to stick to!