Sunday, March 1, 2009

My thighs don't touch anymore!(and other milestones)

Yes. That's right. When I stand with my feel shoulder-width apart my thighs DO NOT touch! That's huge. And I've broken through the plateau I've been on for over a month....reaching the 55-pound mark. Turns out my exercise routine wasn't doing the trick anymore so I've added some things. I'm now running in intervals with walking on the treadmill....and I HATE running. But I can handle a few minutes at a time. I also added in weight training for strength and toning. Seems to have done the trick, I dropped 5 pounds in three days!

The other day I decided to browse through my summer clothes and evaluate just what I would be able to wear this year. The result: A stack of 15 t-shirts, 6 tank tops and 6 pairs of shorts are on their way to Goodwill. That only left me with ONE pair of shorts for this year! Oh well, guess I'll have to go shopping! ;)

Even though I'm technically still 15 pounds away from my goal I think I'd be happy if I didn't lose anymore. I'm beginning to worry that if I actually lose the whole 70 I won't be able to keep it off. There's still that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I could put it all back on (and then some). I think that's the self-doubt factor creeping in. When I started this I never thought I'd go this far or this long, but I proved myself wrong. Of course, those last 15 will probably be the harded to lose.

1 comment:

jjharris said...

Congratulations! You will keep it off, I know you will! :)