Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To all 3 of you who read this blog, sorry this latest post is a week after the last one. Life.

I don't have much new to say about the diet, just counting down until the next weigh-in on Monday and enjoying the feeling of having my pants, shorts, etc. slide almost completely off my hips without unbuttoning them....I'm sorry, but that's just the coolest feeling in the world!!!

This past weekend I visited my parents for a few days. Mom was really great about having all the food for my diet on hand so I wouldn't have to eat what I can't. However, there were temptations:
1. Valentino's Grand Italian Buffet. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE PIZZA LIKE AIR. I managed to walk by the pizza a couple of times and not weep while clinging to the pepperoni. My grand buffet: salad greens, one small ladle of dressing and a 1-inch diameter cheddar biscuit. I am so bad. :)
2. Fairbury Tomboy hot dogs
3. Bratwurst. I'm German. Sue me.
4. Sesame seed hamburger buns.
5. Birthday cake with butter cream frosting.
6. Cherry pie

Here's my confession: I had half of a hamburger bun, a finger swipe of frosting and a half of a half a slice of pie. The result? Overwhelming guilt and a stomach that revolted that night from the "not normal" food I had eaten. So I guess one part of this body is getting used to the diet. I snapped back into line the next day and since. Now, on to the weigh-in.

P.S. To those who have sent their encouraging comments, THANK YOU. It really helps to read them after a particularly tough day or when I'm craving that oatmeal creme pie in the pantry. You guys are the best!

2 comments:

jjharris said...

Hey Laur - Way to go! You are doing awesome. I am jealous! Keep up the good work and I'll catch up with you one of these days. Thanks for the note on Mom's caring page too by the way.

naenae said...

You go girl! I know exactly what you mean when your pants fall off.... I had the same feeling, in fact, before I met my goal weight, I had went out and tried some jeans on. When I got to the store, I grabbed a pair in the size I THOUGHT I was... needless to say they were too big and I screamed out loud in joy in the JC Penney's dressing room!!! I ended up buying a pair 2 sizes smaller, knowing that I WOULD be getting into them someday! I found a strength within me that I never knew I had that day. I also could not have done it without the support I had. We are all here for you and love you very much.